Known Palette 3 Issues and Available Troubleshooting
This article details problems we have seen a few users have with Palette 3 and troubleshooting that is currently available. If you need further troubleshooting please contact us at email@example.com with the information requested.
For a full list of error codes, please click here.
|Error 100||Stepper skipping/slipping, proximity not working||Try the homing cam in X-ray mode. Additionally, please send a video of the cam motor skipping to us.|
|Error 130||1. Caused by a spooling issue or the CAM. |
2. The filament inputs can be retracted too far or filament can be removed from its input due to having the spoolholder too close to the unit or not centred.
3. Having the spoolholder too close can lead to tangled spools.
|1. Please consult this article in order to determine if the position of your spool holder relative to your Palette is correct. |
2. If you find that the position of your spoolholder is correct, please follow the steps in the article above to conduct a x-ray mode test and take a photo of the proximity sensor, which can be sent to us.
|Error 131||1 .This error usually represents a real error with splicing, and occurs when Palette is aligning the outgoing filament into the splice-core. If the homing switch is not released this error occurs. |
2. A broken splice is the most common problem, but it could be due to a splice core jam, or a bad end cut.
|1. Please inspect the splicing area (the ingoing/outgoing tubes, splice core, etc.) for any abnormalities. |
2. If you find there are no issues, please send us a photo/video of your Palette for further troubleshooting. Please do not remove any filament, as we need to see the unit in its failed state in order to accurately assess the error.
|Error 140 - 150||Caused by an invalid mcfx/mafx file.||Please send us the file that you are attempting to print, so that we can inspect it.|
|USB Files Not Detected||If you are finding that your USBs are not being detected by your Palette, it could be due to the type of USB you are using, the formatting of it, or an issue with the main board.||1. Please try using a different USB. |
2. Reformat your drive with the following settings:
- Capacity: 7.49 GB, File system: FAT (Default), Allocation unit size: 4096 bytes
3. If you find these steps do not help, please send us the file you are attempting to print for further troubleshooting.
|Intermittent Bad Splice||If you are finding that you have a bad splice (it is necking/bulging) after many good splices, this issue could be due to various reasons such as your splice tune settings, damage to the splice core, etc.||1. Please conduct splice tuning in order to find the optimal heating, cooling and compression factors for the filament you are using with your Palette. Steps on how to do this can be found here. |
2. Check the splice core for damage:
- Consult step one of this guide to remove your splice core for inspecting.
- Check for POGO collapse, these are the metal prongs located on the bottom of your splice core. If they are no longer springy, there is damage. Please contact us to send you a new one.
3. If you are still experiencing random bad splices, please contact us and include:
- A photo of the splices and your printer set-up
- Your splice tune settings
|Buffer Tube Collapsing||Please consult this article.||Please consult this article.|
|Printer not detected when connected via USB||1. A faulty USB wire, or port. |
2. Printer is not compatible with Palette.
|1. Please try using a different USB cable, and test if the issue is present with both ports in your Palette. |
2. Check if your printer is compatible with Palette, using this guide.
3. If you are still experiencing connection issues, please contact us and include:
- The printer you are using
- The troubleshooting steps already taken
|Display turning solid white upon powering on/mid-print||There could be multiple firmware or hardware problems that result in the display powering off or turning white.||1. Powercyle your Palette. |
2. Reseat the Pi, instructions on how to do that can be found here.
3. Ensure your Palette is updated to the most recent firmware. Recent releases can be found here.
4. Re-flash firmware.
5. If you are still experiencing issues, please email us and include:
- A photo/video of the screen
- What colour the power button is flashing
- What troubleshooting steps you have already taken
|Input has little resistance on filament||Filament falling out of the input could be caused by a poor filament set-up, or something that needs to be looked into further by us.||1. Please consult this article to ensure your filament is set-up well relative to your Palette. |
2. If you are still experiencing this problem please contact us and include:
- A photo of your printer set-up
- A video of your Palette loading filament
|Palette does not connect to WiFi||- A bug in a previous firmware release. |
- Using a 5 GHz network. Palette is only compatible with 2.4 GHz networks.
|1. Update your Palette's firmware to the latest release. Recent releases can be found here. |
2. Conduct a factory reset of your Palette in order to delete saved WiFi information, and attempt reconnecting.
3. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us and include:
- Troubleshooting steps already taken
|Issues with Prusa MK3 skipping lines, pausing or moving very slowly during prints||Due to Prusa's most recent firmware update.||Please try downloading the 'alt' firmware available here.|
|Display showing incorrect photo/time elapsed during print||Caused by a UI bug.||We are currently working on a firmware update to fix this issue.|
|Multi-spool mode unavailable||Old firmware||Please update your Palette's firmware to v126.96.36.199.|
|Unable to save splice tuning values on Palette||Feature currently unavailable.||We are currently working on a firmware update that will include this feature.|
|Unable to use the webcam feature||Feature currently unavailable.||We are currently working on a firmware update that will include this feature.|
|Touchscreen being unresponsive||Caused by a bug.||Please update you firmware to version v188.8.131.52 or higher.|