This wiki will not appear in search results, but can still be viewed by anyone!
Since Robo printers contain a built-in Raspberry Pi it is possible to download and install the CANVAS Hub plugins directly. However, because of differences between the Robo and desktop versions of OctoPrint, there are some additional steps that need to be completed by the user to properly connect the plugins to your Robo printer.
Palette 2 Plugins
Version 1.3.0 and newer will work with Robo printers automatically.
Version 2.0.0 and newer will work with Robo printers automatically.
Once these steps are done, there are a few things to note about printing with CANVAS Hub and Robo printers:
- Before starting a print, manually connect your Palette to your printer on the OctoPrint interface.
- Please ensure that you've set your Firmware Purge to be 0 mm. In CANVAS, this can be found under your Printer Profile's Firmware Settings:
- We've found that some Robo plugins can affect the communication between Palette and OctoPrint, so we would recommend disabling all plugins except the following when first running CANVAS Hub with your printer and Palette:
- Robo LCD (need this to see the IP address of the Robo Pi on the Robo printer screen)
- The bundled plugins that come with OctoPrint:
- When you first start a print using CANVAS Hub (either on your Robo's screen or on the Hub interface), your Robo printer will start it's homing sequence first.
- At this point, you'll notice a spinning loading icon with the text "Verifying Palette 2 connection before starting print". This is normal and will run for the duration of your Robo's homing sequence.
- If your homing sequence has completed and Palette has disconnected, please re-connect Palette on the Hub interface under the 'Palette' tab. This will prompt your printer to run its homing sequence again.
- Once your printer has completed the homing sequence, Palette will begin to make filament. Once enough filament has been created so that 2-3 inches are protruding from the outgoing tube, load this filament into your Robo's extruder. Using OctoPrint's controls, carefully load filament while watching Palette's screen. The goal is to stop loading as close to 0 mm as possible.
- When the filament is loaded and you're ready to print, select 'Start Print' on Palette's screen.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.