Hey guys-- I just finally finished after much time figured out how to get this thing working 100% with a pi 4 and Klipper.
1. Follow the guides out there to build your octoprint off a fresh new Buster lite image
2. Once OctoPrint is setup, now setup Klipper
3. Be sure that your Z Stepper Min Value will be low enough!! I had the issue where a setup that worked forever would always throw a Out of Range Error like as soon as it hit my low side of my bed on the first skirt line. It seems the way Klipper works with Palette 2, you have to make sure its a low enough value. Not sure why this never failed before but a good tip in general for Klipper moving forward.
4. With config file done, Flash the mcu
5. Now go back to OctoPrint
6. Install the Canvas Plugin - wait for it to finish
7. Install the Palette 2 Plugin-- wait for it to finish and then let it reset
8. Head over to Canvas and set up a new Printer
9. Be SURE and Set it to the option of Connected via Hub. I didn't see this because the links were broken on the build your own hub page for what to do once the Hub is built. I think they forget many will get the infrastructure in place and then go to setup the Palette, not the other way around. If you don't do this- oddly you can connect to the Palette and the new Hub-- you can send files from the Canvas Slicer to the hub BUT there will be no multi-material label shown (at least for me- this was consistent and where I was hung at first for the longest)
10. Connect the Plugins in the OctoPrint hubs UI and connect to the Palette 2
11. Slice up a file in Canvas
12. Send to Hub
13. Now you will have a file that comes over that will work
14. Do a G28 BEFORE you Print! I would also get fails saying Home the Axes first AFTER the entire Palette Init and filament load when it went to start printing
15. Print and watch it work with Klipper on your Pi 4 with Buster
Please sign in to leave a comment.