This article is part of our first print instructions, for those who are using Palette in Connected Mode (with a Hub).
- Please set up your CANVAS Hub or your CANVAS Hub S.
- In CANVAS, open your Palette Profile by first selecting the menu button (located at the top-left of the CANVAS homepage), then select Printer Profiles.
- Select the printer profile, then select Edit (pencil icon).
- Select Edit Palette. Ensure that your Palette is set to Connected on the dropdown menu. Press Save.
- Slice the calibration keychain in CANVAS or use Chroma if you'd like to use Simplify3D, Cura, KISSlicer, Slic3r/PrusaSlicer as your slicer. Here are some notes on how to slice this first model:
- Colour the model by dragging and dropping your colour onto the STL filenames. For a tutorial on how to prepare a file in CANVAS, please see here.
- Please do not resize the keychain or use the Paint feature.
- Use a transition tower, do not use side-transitioning.
- After your file has been sliced, select the Send to CANVAS Hub option. Once selected, return to your CANVAS Hub interface to see that the file has been sent to your Hub.
- Once the files have been received, it will appear in the Files section. Any multi-color/material prints will have a Palette icon attached.
- If you have downloaded files that you'd like to add to your CANVAS Hub interface, simply drag and drop the files into your browser. Please note: drop the files on the Upload Locally side.
- Once your files are uploaded, click the printer icon under your file name to load the print.
- Click Print from the State box. CANVAS Hub's interface will acknowledge that a print will begin with Palette. Select OK and Palette will begin initializing while your printer is paused.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to load filament into Palette 2. Palette and CANVAS Hub will prompt you to then pre-heat your printer.
- Within the CANVAS Hub interface, set the bed and extruder temperatures in the Temperature tab.
- Once pre-heated, continue following Palette's on-screen instructions to load 5-10cm of clear or white filament into your printer's extruder. This is not filament from Palette, but a separate piece of filament to prime the nozzle. Please make sure that the filament you will be loading into Palette is not clear or white. This will help purge any residue or leftover filament from the previous print, and make it easier to see the color transition from the nozzle. On CANVAS Hub's interface, switch to the Control tab to manually extrude filament from your printer.
- Palette will now have created enough filament to load into your printer's extruder. Use the Extrude function again so that the filament is gripped by your extruder's gears. Clip the Teflon tubing into your Teflon tube clip.
- You'll be instructed to slowly extrude filament until you see a new color appear from the extruder. Using the Extrude function, slowly jog filament until the color change occurs. You can adjust the amount and speed to ensure a precise loading of filament.
- Return to Palette's screen to confirm that the loading has completed. When you select Start Print both Palette and your printer will begin the print.
- Once your print has started, please check your ping data and if possible, take a photo. If anything goes wrong during the print, this data will help us diagnose the issue. If you'd like to learn more about pings and what they mean, check out this article.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.