We outline steps to set up Octolapse in three different ways: (1) using a simple webcam, (2) using an external DSLR with the raspberry pi rendering the timelapse, and (3) saving the images to the SD card and rendering the timelapse ourselves:
Notes & Troubleshooting
Prompted to install Pillow
If you have been prompted to install Pillow, please follow the steps below:
1. Use the IP scanner to identify the IP address for the hub and copy it
2. Run Putty and enter the IP address for the hub, and then connect to it. You may receive a warning after doing this, please proceed.
3. Enter 'pi' after 'login as' (without the quotes)
4. Enter the hub's serial number as the password in the following format: xxxx-ch (where xxxx are the four alphanumerical digits for the serial code). If logged in successfully, you should see pi@xxxx-ch-canvas-hub on the command line
5. Enter the following command:sudo apt-get install libjpeg-dev libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev zlib1g-dev
6. Enter this command after the first is complete:pip install --upgrade pip
7. Once pip is upgraded, please enter:
pip install pillow
8. After pillow is installed, restart OctoPrint and return to the CANVAS Hub page to install Octolapse.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.