The following webcam package plugin can be used with CANVAS Hub S and DIY CANVAS Hubs.
- Use the following URL to install the plugin (if it is not already installed):
To do this, go to Settings > Plugin Manager > Get More > ...from URL. Restart Octoprint once the plugin is successfully installed.
- Go to the Webcam Package tab, and click "Install Package." This may take between 5-15 minutes.
- Plug in your webcam and restart the CANVAS Hub by going to System > Restart Octoprint.
- Return to the Webcam Package tab, you should now see "Configuration Settings" available. Please refer to this guide on compatible webcams for Octoprint. Once you identify your webcam, enter its resolution settings, desired frame rate, and quality into the configuration. Please save your settings.
- Go to the Control tab, here you should now see the output for the webcam display.
Notes & Troubleshooting
Settings are Overridden
Manual configuration is available for advanced camera settings. Entering a manual configuration into the field will override the configuration settings outlined in step 4.
Webcam Stream is Not Displaying in Control Tab
- Check that the configuration settings match the webcam, and remember to click 'Save Settings' in the Webcam Package plugin.
- Check that the webcam is connected to CANVAS Hub S.
- Reboot CANVAS Hub by going to System > Reboot, or hard refresh the web page.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.