CANVAS Hub S streamlines your 3D printing process by providing wireless connectivity between your printer, Palette 2, and printer. Your G-Code and settings are now accessible across your devices.
Please view the CANVAS Hub S Getting Started Guide (pdf) and follow the initial installation.
The following should be completed before proceeding:
- CANVAS Hub is powered on and connected to Palette and your printer.
- CANVAS Hub has been successfully connected to your local WiFi network.
- You are able to successfully navigate to the CANVAS Hub webpage by entering the hub’s serial number (xxxx-xx-canvas-hub.local/) on your browser. You may also connect using the hub's IP address (Run IP scan of network, hub will appear with its serial number as hostname).
Update Palette 2 and CANVAS plugins
1. You may update the plugins via the Update Available notification, or navigate to Octoprint Settings (wrench icon) > Software Update to manually update the Palette 2 and CANVAS plugins.
Note: Plugin versions may be different from those displayed here.
2. Restart Octoprint by navigating to System Options (power icon) > Restart Octoprint to allow changes to take effect.
Link CANVAS Account
3. Navigate to the CANVAS tab and enter your credentials for your CANVAS account. Click the ‘Link a CANVAS Account’ button to confirm.
If the link is successful, you will see your username in the Linked Accounts section, and Connection Status will change to Connected. This will allow you to send prints directly from CANVAS after slicing to CANVAS Hub.
Connect to Printer
4. There is a Connection window on the top-left of the web page for controlling the connection to your printer. If CANVAS Hub is connected to your printer with a USB cable and powered on, proceed to press ‘Connect.’
If the connection is successful, the status will change to Operational, and you will be able to control the printer from the Temperature and Control tabs.
Note: If you are unable to connect using AUTO for the ports section, please select a manual port available to connect to your printer.
Connect to Palette
5. Navigate to the Palette 2 tab. If CANVAS Hub is connected to Palette with a USB cable and is powered on, proceed to press ‘Connect to Palette 2.’
If the connection is successful, the status will change to Connected. You will be able to operate some Palette controls from here, and you can test the connection by pressing the ‘Cut’ or ‘Clear Palette 2’ buttons to see Palette respond.
Note: If you are unable to connect using AUTO for the ports section, please select a manual port available to connect to Palette.
Your CANVAS Hub is now ready to go! Visit CANVAS3d.io to slice your first project to calibrate Palette with your printer.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.