Side Transitioning allows you to select a specific region to the side of the bed where you would like your printer to transition between filaments. It's a great option to clear up some bed space and reduce print time by extruding faster. Side Transitioning is only possible on printers with nozzles that can move off of their print beds.
Edit Printer Profile for Side Transitioning
- On canvas3d.io, go to the side menu and go to:
Printer Profiles > Select Your Printer > Click the Edit Icon > Edit Printer > Transition
- Select the side transition type to be used.
To transition off the bed, keep 'Along edge' selected.
With this type, you can select which edge of the bed and how far off the bed the nozzle should move to.
To transition on the bed, select 'In place.'
With this type, you can enter X/Y coordinates for the nozzle to move to.
- Save your settings.
Enable Side Transitions for a Project
- Start a new project or open an existing one.
- Go to Settings > Expand the Transition tab. Change the transition type from transition tower to side transitions to use the settings you created within your printer profile. Save your settings.
- Slice the project. The print preview will display the edge where the side transitioning will occur, or if transitions are occurring on the bed, previewing the travel movements will show the coordinates selected in your printer profile.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com