Once you've set up your CANVAS Hub, you're ready to start your first print with Palette 2. Please ensure that you've followed the steps in this support article to connect your Palette 2, CANVAS Hub, and printer before proceeding with the steps below.
- In CANVAS, open your Palette Profile by first selecting the menu button (located at the top-left of the CANVAS homepage), then selecting Printer Profiles.
- Select the printer profile, then select Edit (pencil icon).
- Select Edit Palette. Ensure that your Palette is set to Connected on the dropdown menu. Press Save.
- Prepare a file in CANVAS. For a tutorial on how to do this, please see here.
- After your file has been sliced, select the Send to CANVAS Hub option. Once selected, return to your CANVAS Hub interface to see that the file has been sent to your Hub.
- Once the files have been received, it will appear in the 'Files' section. Any multi-color/material prints will have a 'Palette' icon attached.
- If you have downloaded files that you'd like to add to your CANVAS Hub interface, simply drag and drop the files into your browser. Please note: drop the files on the Upload Locally side.
- Once your files are uploaded, click the printer icon under your file name to load the print.
- CANVAS Hub's interface will acknowledge that a print will begin with Palette. Select OK and Palette will begin initializing while your printer is paused.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to load filament into Palette 2. Palette and CANVAS Hub will prompt you to then pre-heat your printer.
- Within the CANVAS Hub interface, set the bed and extruder temperatures in the Temperature tab.
- Once pre-heated, continue following Palette's on-screen instructions to load clear or light filament into your printer's extruder. This will help purge any residue or leftover filament from the previous print. On CANVAS Hub's interface, switch to the Control tab to manually extrude filament from your printer.
- Palette will now have created enough filament to load into your printer's extruder. Use the Extrude function again so that the filament is gripped by your extruder's gears. Clip the Teflon tubing into your Teflon tube clip.
- You'll be instructed to slowly extrude filament until you see a new color appear from the extruder. Using the Extrude function, slowly jog filament until the color change occurs. You can adjust the amount and speed to ensure a precise loading of filament.
- Return to Palette's screen to confirm that the loading has completed. When you select Start Print, both Palette and your printer will begin the print.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.