Note: Please make sure you're using the latest Palette 2 plugin and OctoPrint version.
When connecting CANVAS Hub to Palette 2, please check that:
- Palette 2 is plugged into its power supply and powered on.
- The USB cable is plugged into Palette 2 and CANVAS Hub.
If you receive a message on the CANVAS Hub website that Palette 2 is not connecting, please try the following steps.
Powercycle Palette 2 and Establish a New Connection
- Go to the CANVAS Hub page. You can use the serial number URL (XXXX-XX-ch-canvas-hub.local/) or the Hub's IP address into your browser.
- Go to the Palette 2 tab.
- Power-cycle Palette 2 by turning it on and off again.
- Click the 'Connect' button. If it works, you will get a message confirming the connection was made.
- To test: Use Cut/Clear Output to test if connection is working. You should see/hear the cutter wheel or outgoing drive rotating.
If the steps above didn't work:
- Unplug and re-plug USB from Palette 2 and the CANVAS Hub before power-cycling and reconnecting Palette 2 from the Palette tab. Try another USB port as well.
- Click 'Manually Select Port' and see if you have additional port options available.
- Click the power button on the top-right navigation menu.
- Click 'Restart OctoPrint,' and allow CANVAS Hub to reboot for 3-4 minutes.
- Re-try connecting to Palette 2. Go to the Palette tab and click 'Connect.'
Change the USB Cable
There's a rare possibility that the cable provided with CANVAS Hub to connect to Palette 2 may be faulty. If you have other USB to micro-USB cables available, please try swapping the cable for a new one. Please re-try connecting to Palette 2 by going to the Palette tab and clicking 'Connect.'