In the rare case that your CANVAS Hub cannot be seen while broadcasting its built-in WiFi hotspot, please follow the instructions below. The following steps will reset the code found on your CANVAS Hub and reinstall as if it has just been unboxed by writing a new image file to the CANVAS Hub SD card.
Please note: ensure that you have already tried resetting your CANVAS Hub while moving it closer to your network router. Please also ensure that you have followed the troubleshooting steps here. The following steps should only be undertaken as a final option.
- Download the image file for CANVAS Hub found here.
- Disconnect the power cable from your CANVAS Hub and open it up by inserting a flat head screwdriver under the lip of the lid and prying the top lid off.
- Gently lift the PCB out of the enclosure.
- Flip over the board and remove the SD Card.
- Insert the microSD card into your computer. An adapter may be necessary.
- Install the application 'Win32 Disk Imager' found here.
- Unzip and extract the image file downloaded during Step 1.
- Verify which drive your microSD is present on (in this example, our SD card is on the E: drive).
- On Windows, please search for 'Create and format hard disk partitions'.
- With Disk management open, select the drive your microSD card is located on (in our example, E:) and delete the two highlighted partitions found on that drive by right-clicking on the drive name and selecting 'Delete Volume'.
- With the SD card now clear, we will load the new image file onto it. Open Win32 Disk Imager and select your microSD card drive along with the extracted image file you downloaded in Step 1. Select 'Write' to commence the new installation.
- Wait ~3 minutes for the build to complete and then remove your SD card and insert it back into your CANVAS Hub PCB.
- Reassemble your CANVAS Hub and follow the guide for setting up your CANVAS Hub.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.