CANVAS Hub helps to connect your printer and Palette together using a series of connections, and there may be times when a connection is not working properly. Please follow the guide below to troubleshoot any connection issues you may be experiencing with your CANVAS Hub.
CANVAS Hub using it's own hotspot
The following steps are to check the condition of the CANVAS Hub while it's using it's own WiFi hotspot without connecting to your home Wifi network. The setup steps to connect to the Hub can be found here.
- If you cannot see CANVAS Hub's network and your Hub is powered on, please check that the hub is positioned closely to your wireless router on this first step to ensure the most success.
- We encourage that you attempt to connect using the DNS serial number multiple times until successful. If you are able to connect to your Hub's Wifi hotspot but unable to connect using the DNS serial number address, please enter this IP address into your browser's address bar: 10.0.0.5/
- Once you're connected, there will be a switch from the CANVAS Hub network to your Home network. If you are stuck on a rebooting screen, wait 3-5 minutes for your Hub to properly load the necessary files, and after please hit refresh on your browser .
- Please note, if you have multiple networks are home and you lose a connection during the above steps, there is a chance that the Hub has connected to another of your networks. If the CANVAS Hub is not connected to your desired network please check the other connected networks.
CANVAS Hub using the home network
If your CANVAS Hub is connected to your home network and you're still seeing connection issues, please try the following:
- If you're unable to connect via the DNS serial number address, please look for the CANVAS Hub IP address and enter this into your web browser. You can usually find the IP address through your router or by using a program like Advanced IP Scanner.
- If you're unable to connect to Palette 2, please check the following:
- If Auto-connect is on, turn it off (Settings > Palette 2 under Plugins > Autoconnect Off > Save)
- Remove the USB cable from CANVAS Hub to your Palette and press 'Connect' for printer in OctoPrint. Once connected, plug Palette back in and power on your unit before attempting to connect in the Palette 2 Tab
- If you're still experiencing issues, please send us your octoprint.log files (email@example.com)
- CANVAS Hub will not appear on 5G networks, so please ensure that you are using a 2.4 GHz network when trying to connect to your home network.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.