In the rare case that your Palette 2 (Pro) does not power on or something has gone wrong during the use of the Firmware Updater, please follow the steps below. Please ensure that your Palette is plugged into both the power and USB cables when following the instructions unless otherwise noted.
You can find the Firmware Updater here: http://mm3d.co/firmware
Before proceeding with the steps below
If you've tried to update Palette's firmware and received an error code, first power off and power on your Palette, restart the Firmware Updater and try the update again by selecting "Install Latest". If the progress bar freezes or does not advance after approximately one minute, please try to restart one more time before proceeding with the steps below.
- Open the Firmware Updater. After selecting Next on the first screen, check the Advanced Options field.
- Before proceeding, ensure that you have removed any USB connections from your computer that will communicate serially (3D printers, devices, etc.). Once this is done, go to the Port dropdown and select "COM..." for Windows and "/Dev/..." for Mac. Please also unselect Do handshake (O99).
- From here, select Install Latest. You should see the progress bar start on the updater. If you're still running into errors or the bar does not load in approximately 1 minute, please proceed to the next section.
Please note: before proceeding to the next step, please first power off and power on your Palette, restart the Firmware Updater and try the update again by selecting "Install Latest" using the Advanced Settings instructions. If the progress bar freezes or does not advance after approximately one minute, please proceed with the steps below.
Installing Main and Graphic firmware
For these steps please download this Zip file (Firmware version 3.0.2)
- Go to Advanced Options page and ensure that the port is selected properly (not Auto) and that Do handshake (O99) is unchecked. Click Screen and upload the file 'P2EE02.bin' from the zip file.
- Return to Advanced Options. Ensure the proper port is selected and unselect Do handshake (O99). Select Main and upload file 'P2EE01.bin from the unzip file.
- Once this is uploaded, return to Advanced Options and select the proper port but this time, select Do handshake (O99). Once done, select Graphics and upload the file 'ui.min' from the zip file.
Palette's COM port is not found in Updater
If you're unable to detect Palette when running the firmware updater, please try the following:
- For Windows users, depending on the version of your OS, a driver may be missing. Please download the driver found here and try to detect the Palette again.
- The connection to the I/O board may be loose. Please follow the steps here to access the I/O board to check the connections.
If you are still experiencing issues and Palette's screen is not powering on, please follow the steps here.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.