Pattern mode will allow you to create a pattern using specific lengths of filament from each drive. The result will be a print with colored stripes in a repeated order. This feature allows you to create a repeating design that does not need a transition tower as the color changes occur inside the print.
- Slice a single-body STL model in CANVAS or preferred slicer. Transfer the G-Code file to your printer.
- Turn on Palette 2™ and select Print Modes.
- Select Pattern, then tap Next.
- Enter the length that you would like to be used for each input drive. The length you select for each drive will be repeated throughout the print.
- Enter the number of times the pattern will repeat. We suggest creating a pattern that has a total filament length that is slightly longer than the model's filament length to ensure that you'll have enough filament to finish the print. You can use a website like gcode.ws to find the filament length of your print.
Note: For bowden printers, please add your bowden tube length amount to the total print length.
- Select the Start With Printer option. The Start Without Printer option will continuously create filament without waiting for an extruder to use the filament. This allows you to feed the spliced filaments onto a spool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to load filament and begin the print.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.