Once you've finished a calibration print, you'll be ready to complete multi-color/material prints. Before starting a print, please ensure that the following has been completed:
- Your printer's extruder is pre-heated
- Palette 2 is positioned so that the filament path leads easily to your printer's extruder
- Palette 2's inputs and outputs are clear of filament
While you're welcome to choose any multi-color model, we recommend trying out this Multi-Color Ear Bud Case! It's a simple and useful print with four different colors.
Starting a Print from SD Card (Accessory Mode)
- Turn on Palette 2 and select Start Print.
- On the top left corner of the screen, you can select to load a file from Palette's SD card (MAF file) or via CANVAS Hub (MCF).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to load filament into Palette 2's inputs.
- Palette 2 will begin to create filament, and you will see it pass through the output and through the Teflon tubing.
- Palette will create enough filament so that an additional 6-8 cm (2-3 inches) will stick out from the tubing. You can then feed this filament into your printer's extruder.
- With the Teflon tubing connected, attach the Teflon tube clip to your printer's extruder using the provided Velcro squares.
- On Palette's screen, you'll notice instructions to jog filament through your printer's extruder. There is a countdown that will tell you how many millimetres to load before starting your print. Using your printer's controls, manually extrude filament through the nozzle and stop loading as close to 0 mm as possible. For some printers with auto-load, you can time when to cancel the auto-load, while most printers have a 'Move Extruder' operation. Once you've finished loading, tap Next on the screen.
- Start the G-Code file from your printer's screen/controls. Once you also indicate that the print has started on Palette's screen by pressing Finished, you will see a status screen displaying the time progress, splices completed, and total length of filament for the print.
Stopping or Cancelling a Print
- While your print is in progress, on the status screen press the Stop button.
- Confirm you would like to stop the print.
- Unload filament from your printer and from Palette 2 by selecting Controls > Clear Output on Palette's home screen.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.