Palette 2’s internal splicing mechanism heats up to 250°C, which is more than hot enough for most materials! The optimal splicing temperature for PLA is only 145°C. Splice tuning involves different factors to modify the strength of splices. These include heat, compression, and cooling. Modifying these factors will help achieve strong splices for different materials.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Palette 2 and Palette 2 Pro?
- What's the difference between Palette and Palette+?
- What does multi-color/multi-material printing mean?
- Which software and hardware products are compatible with each other?
- What are "Pinging" and "Ponging"? (Pauses on Transition Tower)
- What are Palette/Palette+'s technical specs?
- Can I transfer splice cores between Palette 2 and Palette 2 Pro?
- Why should I not plug my Palette into both the power supply and USB?
- Can Palette 2 work with a dual extrusion printer?
- Is my printer compatible?