Tools: Spare Encoder PCB, screwdriver
Time Required: ~7 minutes
With Palette 2's improved hardware, the scroll wheel (encoder) is located within the casing. The encoder is important to help calculate the amount of filament fed through Palette 2 and to maintain calibration throughout a print.
- Turn Palette 2 off and remove the top lid by gently lifting from the sides.
- Remove the acrylic ingoing cover by loosening the five thumbscrews counterclockwise.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the bottom casing to the substructure. Two are located at the top two corners of Palette 2 while the other two are under the ingoing cover.
- Once the screws are removed, grip Palette 2 together by the substructure and bottom casing together and flip so that the screen is facing down.
- The substructure is connected to the bottom casing by a bundle of wires. Slowly and carefully lift the casing from the bottom up while ensuring that the wire bundle is not pulled abruptly. Please note: remove the SD card before completing this step as damage may be caused to your unit if left in.
- To fully detach the bottom casing, unplug the cluster of wires labeled "Main PCB" from the electronics tray, leaving only the substructure.
- Remove the 2 screws holding the encoder and detach the scroll wheel ("SW") and "Pong" wire bundle.
- Replace with new encoder and reattach wiring and bolts.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.