Tools: Replacement blade, screwdriver, gloves
Time Required: ~5 minutes
Palette 2™'s cutter blade has a very long lifetime and there are rare instances where you'll need to replace or repair this area. However, if you find that Palette 2 is not cutting your filament cleanly or if the blade is damaged, please follow the instructions below to replace your cutter blade. We recommend using gloves or other protective means when handling the blades as they are very sharp.
- Turn Palette 2 off and remove the top lid by gently lifting from the sides.
- Once the lid is removed, you'll gain access to Palette 2's cutter. When manually rotating the cutter, you'll notice that there are two sides to the cutter wheel: one side with access to the blade, and one side that is covered.
- Turn the cutter so that the covered end is exposed. Remove the screw holding the cutter blade. Rotate the cutter wheel so that the side with access to the blade is exposed. Remove the screw on this end to free the cutter blade.
- Carefully slide the blade out of the cutter wheel.
- Replace the blade (noting the orientation and position of the sharp edge).
- Re-attach both screws by rotating the cutter wheel to access both screw holes.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.