Tools: Spare homing and filament switches, screwdriver (included with Palette 2 package), pliers (or flat-head screwdriver), tape
Time Required: ~7 minutes
Palette 2™ has one homing switch and 5 filament switches in its hardware: four at each input, one positioned near the outgoing, and one positioned right after the cutter wheel.
The instructions below are in the rare instances where a switch needs to be replaced. Please note: Each homing switch is connected to the electronics tray through a wire. When removing the switch, please secure the wire by holding it or taping it to the substructure so that the wire does not fall through the opening. If the wire does fall through and you're unable to retrieve it, please follow the instructions here to remove Palette 2's back plate.
- Turn Palette 2 off and remove the top lid by gently lifting from the sides.
- With the top lid removed, remove the acrylic plate covering the switches by loosening the thumbscrews counterclockwise.
- Once you have access to the switch, remove the screw holding the switch to Palette 2's casing.
- Position a tool (such as a screwdriver, pliers, etc.) under the switch to lift it up and out of Palette 2. The switch will be connected to a wire which can be disconnected, but be careful to secure the wiring so that it does not fall into the casing.
- Replace with a replacement switch. The wiring will only fit in one orientation.
- There is a locating pin that needs to be pushed into the hole before replacing the screw. Set the switch back down and replace the screw.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.