Tools: Wire brush (or tweezers), compressed air, screwdriver
Time Required: ~5 minutes
You may need to clean your Palette 2's ingoing drive gears if filament is slipping when loading. The drive gears can have filament debris or buildup, causing the gear's teeth to be unable to full grasp the filament. Warning: while working near the ingoing gears with the top plate off, please be aware of and avoid pinch points.
- Turn Palette 2 off and remove the top lid by gently lifting from the sides.
- Remove the acrylic plate covering the 4 ingoing drives by first loosening the five thumbscrews.
- Once removed, you'll have access to the 4 ingoing drive gears. Remove the drive arm assembly by unscrewing the single screw. Gently lift the drive arm but push inward gently to have control of the spring as you remove it.
- Clean the drive gears. We suggest using a wire brush to scrape the drive gears or to run tweezers along the groves, removing any residue or filament buildup. Compressed air will also help to clear any additional debris.
- Re-screw drive arm and push spring back into place. If you push down on the drive arm and find that it bounces back slightly or has some give, please tighten the screw on the drive arm. When replacing the spring, it should be as straight as possible and rest just in the middle of its place.
- Replace the acrylic ingoing drive cover and top lid.
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.