If Palette+'s hot tool does not reach the proper splicing temperature after a long period of time, there are a few steps to troubleshoot:
- Re-flash Palette+'s firmware and on Palette+'s screen, go to Utilities > Preheat. Check to see if the temperature reaches 230C.
- Check that the connections of the heat cartridge to the electronics tray are firmly attached. This can found at D8:
- Ensure that your unit is receiving enough power by checking that the power supply and cables are secure and that the blue light appears on the power brick.
If you're still experiencing issues after checking the above steps, you'll need to replace your heat cartridge. To receive a replacement, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Disconnect the heat cartridge plugs from D8 on the electronics tray.
- Using a screwdriver or pliers, pull back the silicone sleeve on the hot tool to expose a 1.5 mm screw. You'll need a smaller hex key to remove this screw as the hex key provided with the Palette+ package is 2 mm.
- You'll be able to pull out the heat cartridge from the hot tool. Replace with a new heat cartridge before securing to hot tool, re-feed the wires through Palette+, and re-connect to D8 inputs.
If you have any additional questions, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.