GPX includes a handful of presets for converting .gcode files to .x3g, but some printers
or customizations require additional changes to these presets. For example, swapping
to a new extruder on the Replicator 2 may require the extruder steps/mm value to be
Chroma allows you to choose a preset, or point GPX towards an external config file
(.ini) that should be used instead.
Note that lines beginning with a semicolon (;) are comments
1. Download a starter config file here if you don’t already have one
2. Open the config file in your text editor of choice.
3. When creating a config file, start by editing the machine_type field as appropriate,
or removing it (or commenting it out) if the configuration is not based on an existing
4. Scroll through the file to find the appropriate setting that needs to be changed. If
the setting is commented out with a semicolon, remove the semicolon to enable it.
Example – Replicator 2 with Custom Extruder Steps/MM
1. Download the above config file (r2.ini) and open it in a text editor.
2. Scroll to the RIGHT EXTRUDER section.
3. Uncomment the steps_per_mm setting.
4. Change the value of steps_per_mm by editing the number after the equals (=) sign.
If you have any questions, send us a message at email@example.com.