When you receive your Palette+ package, you'll notice two short pieces of Teflon tubing. These are replacement splicer tubes.
We suggest changing the Splicer tube after 15,000 splices or 2.5 km. You can find this information on Palette+'s Menu, under System Info. This is to help avoid possible splice issues, especially if you find that your splices are necking continuously.
To replace the splicer tube, follow these instructions:
- Unplug your power supply and remove the top lid of Palette to gain access to the splicing area.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the splicer tube.
- Remove splice block. You'll notice that you can't remove it by pulling straight up, so move the splice block towards your electronics tray and lift up and out.
- Once the block is out, you'll have to separate the pieces. First, hold onto the ends and pull apart. You'll be able to remove one end and the copper tube.
- Push the Teflon tube in the opposite direction to remove.You can discard this tube and replace with a new Teflon tube.
- To replace, reverse the above directions. Be sure to be careful when replacing the Teflon tube, as the edges may get caught during assembly, leading to kinked edges or folds in the Teflon tubing.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at email@example.com.