If filament slips out of the track around the metal roller bearings and gets driven into an unconstrained area of Palette™/Palette+™, it can be caused by very strong or sharp filament.
If the tip of the filament is very sharply bent, it can either jam at the incoming Teflon section of the outgoing drive, or miss this section entirely and continue to be driven into an unconstrained area of Palette/Palette+.
To fix this issue:
- Turn on your Palette/Palette+.
- Insert a filament into Drive 1.
- Access the menu and select Manual control > Jog mode > Drive 1 with outgoing drive.
- Manually spin the dial so that it pushes the filament all the way through your Palette/Palette+, which will push the piece out the exit tube.
- Once this is complete, reverse the spin of the dial and "jog" the filament back out of Drive 1.