These are instructions to replace Palette™/Palette+™’s outgoing Teflon tube.
- Make sure Palette/Palette+ is not plugged into a computer or its power supply.
- Remove Palette/Palette+’s top. Use the 2.0 mm hex key (the smaller of the two hex keys in your Tool Kit) to remove the four bolts holding on Palette/Palette+’s top and remove.
- Use pliers, tweezers, or your fingers to remove the wires attached to the three prongs of the hall sensor shown below.
- Use the same 2.0 mm hex key to unscrew and remove the bolt on the acrylic piece below. Use pliers or tweezers to remove the bolt if needed.
- This will allow you to remove the acrylic piece.
- To remove the outgoing Teflon tube, simply pull it away from the Palette+.
- Great! Now it’s time to install your new tube. Feed the outgoing Teflon tube into position. It should sit flat and the grooves of the tube will align with the grooves that hold it in place.
- Replace the acrylic piece on the drive and re-screw in place. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BOLT! It should be snug, but overtightening it will crack the acrylic.
- Carefully plug the wire back into the hall sensor. The red wire should be on top and the green wire should be on the bottom.
- That’s it! Now, replace the four bolts securing Palette/Palette+'s top.
If you run into any issues with this process, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.