Options available for your Palette 2 including the outgoing tube length, run-out detection, and more.
Preferences are accessed under Settings on Palette 2's screen and allows you to update information for your Palette 2.
Outgoing Tube Length
Palette provides different lengths of outgoing tubes so that you can move Palette between printers of all sizes. If you change the outgoing tube from Palette 2's output, you can select a preset tube length (Small - 500 mm, Medium - 800 mm, or Large - 1100 mm) or enter a custom length if you're not using one of the provided tubes.
It's important for the tube length to be accurate as this relates to the overall calibration of Palette.
Run-out Detection is a feature used to intervene when you run out of filament on a spool and the input is runs out of filament. You can choose one of the following options:
- Off: Run-out detection will not be used during prints.
- Splice to Next Drive: When filament run-out is detected, it will splice to the next drive. If drive 4 runs out, it will move to drive 1.
- Clear Outgoing: When filament run-out is detected, Palette 2 will clear its filament path.
Choose your default file source when you start prints. The following options are:
- SD Card: Palette 2 is primarily used in Accessory Mode and files are manually transferred to an SD card on Palette without a CANVAS Hub.
- CANVAS: Palette 2 is primarily used in Connected Mode and files are sent directly to Palette with a CANVAS Hub.
If you prefer to invert Palette 2's screen for readability, you can toggle this setting to rotate your screen's display by 180 degrees.
This setting will display all printers that have been paired with Palette 2, and contains Loading Offset values and Historical Modifiers for each printer.
Reset to Factory Defaults
Use this setting to delete all Printer Profiles (including their calibration values) that have been paired with Palette 2.