Note: Please make sure you're using the latest CANVAS and Palette 2 plugins and OctoPrint version.
If you cannot connect CANVAS Hub to your printer, please try the following steps.
- Check that your printer is OctoPrint supported.
- Unplug and replug the cable from CANVAS Hub to your printer.
- Power-cycle printer and make sure printer is turned on.
- Connect Palette 2 first before connecting to printer to avoid USB port conflicts.
Select a Different COM Port
Manually select a COM port from the drop down menu and test by clicking 'Connect', keep note of which port is being used for your printer.
Change the USB Cable
If the above doesn't work and you have spare USB cables available, please try swapping the USB cable for another cable.
- Click the power button on the top-right navigation menu.
- Click 'Restart Octoprint,' and allow CANVAS Hub to reboot for 3-4 minutes.
- Re-try connecting to your printer.
Advanced: Set the baud rate
This step is only needed if the printer requires that you manually select a baud rate (e.g. the Creality CR-10S uses a baud rate 115200). The AUTO setting will test each of the baud rates for you.
If you have any additional questions, please send us your OctoPrint log and a message at firstname.lastname@example.org