general pre purchase questions
I am considering a palette 2 for one of my home printers.
The 1st printer I have is a MK3 clone single head that is direct drive using (as of right now) a Bondtech BMG clone.
The 2nd is a Tenlog TL-D3 Pro IDEX machine with 2 direct drive heads.
I would really like to set this up on the IDEX if possible.
I have started on a install of the Prusa MMU2S but I am thinking the Palette 2 may be a better choice in the long run.
I have some questions.
1) Do I need a hub?
2) Can this be set up on the IDEX?
3) If 2 is NO, can 1 of the 4 filaments be water soluble?
4) Both these machines are direct drive and fed from above. Will direct drive work?
5) How does the Palette know if filament has reached the gears?
6) Each machine has it’s own Raspberry PI with octoprint. While I like to print from the SD Card, can I monitor this from Octoprint?
7) Can I print from the SD card?
8) How often would I need access to the touch screen? This may seem like an odd question, but it will determine the location of the Palette 2 mount.
Where can I find more literature?
Is this a good question?