Palette 3 Pro is there a way to stop filament from slipping out?
Hello there. First of all, WOW. Palette 3 Pro is a sexy sexy beasts. You all hear all the bad comments a lot, so I thought I’d add some praise. I have 2 Palette 2 Pros and have had my rough patches with them, but for the most part they are great. The set up with my 3 was easy and fast. I am using it on one of my Prusa MK3s… and the presets that you all have setup have been spot on from the first print. It’s f’n fantastic!
Yes there are things that are annoying, but over all I’m still giddy every time I use it. The touch screen needs a little love, which has been mentioned. My issue that I’m having and concerned about is filament slipping out of the input slots. My set up was this:
- Palette set up next to the printer, mounted on it’s sexy stand.
- Spool holder on the floor 30” below the Palette
- Printing a 5 color model
- Used drive 1-5
- Loaded spools for 1, 2 and 3 on first rail of holder feeding from the underside of the spool. Spools 4 and 5 on the back rail, feeding from the top of the spool.
- During the print it would fail because the filament for drive 5 would slip out. On checking this and trying the print a few different times, I can see the way it’s designed with the one gear bar for all of them, that it’s not possible to have them all snug. Makes sense.
- One observation is the spool for 5 was about 90% used. So there was a little bit of tension from the multiple short curvinesses.
So I’m wondering if anyone else has witnessed this? Any solutions? I’m going to try a couple of things when I get time.
- Set up the Palette laying flat. With my space I was trying to not have to do this.
- Might try feeding the back rail of spools underhanded.
- Thought of spreading out the drives used to prevent the possible bumping and pulling of filaments when they touch each other because they’re all loopy. When they retract sometimes one can bump another one loose. So my thought was many move the color on drive 5 to 7 or 8.
Is this a worthwhile discussion?