non-vase mode no purge block
I keep seeing pictures of prints done in vase mode without purge towers. I have a non-vase mode print I would like to do that way. (I find vase mode to only be good for sales of printers, in real life the prints have no functional use).
I have a pallette 2 with a hub. If I understand the directions found here correctly: Random Mode
I should be able to load a print sliced in Canvas into my hub, then follow the directions and get a print with random colors. I have some questions about this.
1) Does it have to sliced in canvas with colors assigned to specific sections or can I load any gcode?
2) If I can load any gcode, will it just randomly select ports 1 - 4?
3) If I slice using the P2PP plugin, will it work?
4) Do I have access this through the Pallette 2 interface or can I use the hub to do it so I can monitor the print?
5) Does it have to be vase mode? If so, why?
Is this a good question?